Saturday, May 2, 2009

Inside the Cheddar Curtain


They always say that when you retire you will have less time than when you were working.  It's true, over the last 6 years I have not learned to say no.  I find myself spending 40-60 per week on non-profit volunteer jobs.  So I guess it is no surprise that when my wife Marilyn suggested I start a food blog on fish frys and cocktails in Northern WI I jumped at it.  It pays the same as my other volunteer jobs and I can do it when ever I want, anyway, I have to eat - right?

Northern Wisconsin is home to a multitude of out of the way places and local watering holes with some great food.  In keeping with a true Wisconsin colloquialism we will rate each one on the Bubbler scale of one to five.  For those of you who are asking what the hell is a bubbler, just come to Wisconsin and ask a local where the bubbler is and they will point one out to you.  Once you venture inside the Cheddar Curtain all bets are off.

No comments:

Post a Comment